POC Provisioning lets you create new DID (direct dial), toll-free, virtual, and international numbers for your own
- Opens a case in Salesforce.
- Initiates a process to assign the CloudConnect numbers provided to a
business unitin the NICE inContact billing system. This helps ensure that any cost associated with the number will be charged to the assigned business unit.
- Completes the processes necessary to provision the number.
Once the numbers are provisioned, you (or the customer administrator) can create points of contact (POCs) in CXone and proceed with using the numbers for the organization.
POC Provisioning is available in PartnerHub. Your organization must be certified to handle its own support to use this tool.
Classics, Inc., is a CXone partner and manages the
Dewhurst also needs to provision several new international numbers for Classics, which is opening an office in Paris, France. He uses POC Provisioning to do so, but cannot create the requests in the same file as the numbers for his customer.
Key Facts About POC Provisioning
- POC Provisioning is part of PartnerHub, which must be enabled for your
business unitby your CXone representative. PartnerHub is designed to meet the unique needs of CXone partners.
- To use POC Provisioning, you must have these permissions enabled in your
- PartnerHub > View
- POC Provisioning > View
These permissions can only be set by a CXone representative.
- POC Provisioning is currently only supported for CloudConnect numbers purchased through a partner. You cannot use POC Provisioning for CloudConnect numbers purchased through NICE inContact.
- You can provision up to 50 numbers per request.
- You cannot combine requests for multiple
business unitsin the same file.
- You can monitor the progress of your provisioning in the POC Provisioning application itself. Each provisioning request lists the Salesforce case number, which you'd need to communicate about it with your CXone partner representative.
- POC Provisioning validates your request file to ensure your formatting is correct and all fields are completed. In addition, the application validates the numbers you've requested against the ACD application for the
business unit, against Salesforce, and against the NICE inContact billing system. This ensures the process rejects duplicate requests.
- If there's a problem with your request as validated against the ACD, you'll be able to see this and review logs to determine how to correct the issue. If validation fails against Salesforce or the billing system, a case is automatically opened for your CXone support team.