The voice workspace looks different if you are handling a call while looking at a custom workspace. See Manage Custom Workspaces for more information.
- Places the call on hold so you can do other things. The contact typically hears music or a recorded message from your company while they are on hold. While a contact is on hold, you cannot mask the contact, record the call, or hang up. For information on how to place a call on hold, see Place a Contact on Hold.
- Prevents the connected contact from hearing you speak. While your microphone is muted, you cannot hang up. For instructions on muting your microphone, see Mute Your Microphone.
- If the call is being recorded, generates white noise in the recording during parts of the call that might contain sensitive information. In case your organization does server-side recordings, the mask feature is available even when you are not manually recording. For information on how to mask parts of a call, see Mask a Call.
- Records the call, which you may need to do to comply with organizational policies. You cannot stop a recording once it has started. The recording continues until the contact is disconnected. For instructions on recording a call, see Record a Call.
- Transfers the call or starts a conference with the contact and another agent. You must place an additional call to perform these actions. To transfer a call, see Transfer a Call. To conference a call, see Conference a Call.
- Places a follow-up call in your schedule. Commitments appear on your schedule and remind you of your commitment at the specified time. For more information about commitments, see Commitment Overview.
- Contains custom links configured by your administrator.
- Hang Up
- Disconnects the current contact. MAX asks you to confirm the decision to hang up a contact. You should use the Hang Up button before disconnecting your agent leg or hanging up your phone; otherwise, the contact remains connected and returns to the queue.
- Dial Pad
Allows you to use keypad tones during a call to navigate a phone menu. It cannot dial calls.