The tasks on this page include things that pertain to each user, such as managing gamification features like coins or using widgets like tasks.
Create and Join Challenges
Challenges allow you to earn coins through workplace competitions that you can use to purchase items in the Marketplace. The Challenges module provides a central method for you to create and join challenges, plus view details on pending and existing challenges. A supervisor or administrator can set the parameters for which users can create challenges. This section explains how to create and join challenges.
- Navigate to your dashboard with a Challenges module.
- Click the Challenges tab at the top of the module.
- Click Create New Challenge.
- Configure the Challenge Setup window by determining the metrics by which you want to challenge, the duration and date, and how many coins you want to wager.
- Click Next.
- Invite the users you want to participate in the challenge by clicking the checkbox next to their name. You can search for specific users in the search bar at the top.
- Click Invite.
Your challenge will appear in the Challenges tab of this module under the Pending list until it begins.
You can join challenges by clicking Accept in one of the following two locations:
- The Challenges tab of your Challenges dashboard module
- The notification item in your Notification Center
Games are similar to challenges, but are created by an administrator and pay out rewards from the system (you do not need to wager coins to play). An administrator can set up multiple types of games, some games are designed for you to compete against yourself and pay out rewards based on your performance, and other games are designed to compete against other agents. Your Games dashboard module is your access point for anything game-related. You can view invitations to play games, view game details, and join games directly from this module. If you want to join a game, click the blue Join Game button to view more information on what the game is, what the prizes will be, and so forth. Click Play Game to actually join the game.
Rules are competitions within your contact center that reward coins, badges, and experience points which can be used for features like customizing your avatar or in the Marketplace. Click Widgets→Rules to view rules in which you are participating along with relevant performance information directly from the side-menu.
Click on a rule to view your performance for that rule. This My Performance window will show your anticipated award for the rule, the current rankings, and the blue How Can I Do Better? icon that shows detailed information on your performance for the rule.
Manage Your Profile
You can access your profile in the upper-right corner of the inView window by clicking your profile picture and selecting Profile & Avatar in the drop-down. Your profile window displays total gamification stats (such as how many coins or gems you have earned), your avatar, and allows several customization options such as adding a bio for yourself or changing the look of your avatar. You can also view your teammates' avatars by selecting Avatar Gallery. If you want to change the language of your inView interface, click the profile drop-down in the upper-right corner, hover over Language, and select your desired language from the available options.
Your coin history allows you to see your coin balance, the sources of coins you have earned, and the items on which you have spent coins.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner and select Profile & Avatar.
- Click the coin counter above your avatar to open the coin history window.
Learn more about fields in this step
Event Date Displays the date and time of the event (that is, coin transaction). The coin history is sorted in descending order by event date. If you have more events than can be displayed on one screen, you can click More to see them.
Provides a recap of the event in which you either earned or spent coins.
Earned/Spent Displays the total number of coins earned or spent in the event. Reserved +/- Displays the number of reserved coins added or subtracted as a result of the event. Reserved coins are coins you have earned based on a rule, but that have not yet been paid out. A subtraction event means the coins have been paid and are now part of your available balance. Available Displays your total coin balance as a result of the event. Reserved Total Displays your total reserved coin balance as a result of the event.
The inView Marketplace provides prizes and products to spend your hard-earned rewards from participating in games and challenges. The process of purchasing a product is similar to any standard process of online shopping.
- Check the amount of coins you have in your profile.
- Click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner of the interface.
- Browse through the available products. Notice whether or not a product is on sale, if it has quantity limitations, and the price.
- Click Add to Cart to add the product to your shopping cart. You can put multiple items in your shopping cart and purchase everything at the same time.
- Click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner of the Marketplace to view all items you have added to purchase. If you have items in your cart, a red icon with a number will display in the cart.
- Review the items in your cart and make any edits to the quantities or items.
- Click Checkout to complete the purchase process.
Depending on the items you purchased, talk with your supervisor if you are uncertain about attaining your purchased items.
Coaches, supervisors, and others with appropriate permissions can create tasks and assign them to agents as needed. Agents can create their own task list to manage their priorities. The task list displays Tasks, the Due Date for each task, and who each task was Assigned By (or Assigned To for tasks sent to others). You can sort the list by any of these values. The default sort is in ascending order by due date.
A task with a coach's whistle indicates the task was assigned during a coaching session. Tasks turn red if they are incomplete and the due date has passed.
- Click Widgets→Tasks to display the tasks pane, which opens on a tab with your To-Do list. If you do not see the task you want, you can search for it by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the pane. You can also filter the list to display all tasks, incomplete tasks, or tasks completed within the last 30 days.
If you want to, create tasks.
- Click the Add icon (indicated by a plus sign in a white circle) in the upper left corner of the tasks pane.
- Select the users the task should be Assigned To. The default value is Self. To assign the task to another, click Self to change the value to Logins and then select one or more other users from the displayed list. You can filter the list by clicking the filter icon in the upper right corner of the pane. You can only assign tasks to others if you have permission to do so. When you are finished, click Done.
- Type the task in Set Task Name. This field is required.
- Set Task Date/Time by clicking in the sub-fields Start Date, Due Date, and Time Due. Use the calendar and clock selectors to complete these fields. If Start Date is set to a future date, the task will not appear in the task list until that date.
- If you want to, Select the Allow Assignee to Signoff Task checkbox if you want the user to be able to mark the task complete.
- Click Create or, if you change your mind, click Cancel to return to the list of tasks.
- Select the checkbox for a task to mark it complete.
- If you want to, you can see a list of tasks you have assigned to others, click the Sent tab.
- Click anywhere outside of the tasks pane to close it.