If your administrator has enabled it, you may be able to handle contacts across multiple channels. That means:
- You can handle a single contact across multiple channels (omnichannel session). This happens when you elevateIn an Omnichannel Session Handling (OSH) environment, the ability to switch a contact from one channel to another in the same session to better serve the contact's needs. For example, elevating a chat contact to a voice call. a contact to a different channel from the original if it better serves the contact's needs.
- You can handle multiple contacts simultaneously from different channels. For example, you might handle one voice contact and two work item contacts at the same time.
Your administrator could have configured either the first capability only or both the first and the second capability for you. The tasks in this topic describe how to handle single contact sessions using multiple channels. If you can handle multiple contacts in different channels, the Agent for Oracle Service Cloud functionality is the same. Only your work load changes.
When your administrator has configured the ability to elevateIn an Omnichannel Session Handling (OSH) environment, the ability to switch a contact from one channel to another in the same session to better serve the contact's needs. For example, elevating a chat contact to a voice call. contacts from one channel to another, you can elevate the following interaction types:
|Current interaction||Can elevate to|
- Hover over the interaction to indicate how you want to elevate the contact. Options only appear for valid elevations according to the preceding table.
- If you chose to elevate to voice, enter the number you want to dial, select an outbound phone skill, and then click Call.
A session is not complete until all interactions that are part of the session are complete, including any post-contact work that is required for each interaction. If one or more of the interactions in an omnichannel session require a disposition, you must set the disposition in the sessions themselves.
Click Show Contact Details.
Select a disposition.
- Click Hide Contact Details.