Workforce Intelligence (WFI) allows you to automate actions in your contact center based on business rules that you define. These actions can occur in response to a specified event or events and can be configured to happen with or without human intervention. For example:
- The ABC Company has seasonal call patterns that are extremely predictable. The period that begins on the Friday after Thanksgiving and ends on December 23 typically sees 50% higher call volume per day than the average call volume. ABC uses WFI rules to automatically activate overflow skills for this time period.
- PDQ Consulting has a number of agents who are usually dedicated to chat and email channels. They use a WFI rule to automatically move those agents to the inbound phone channel when the average service level on inbound calls drops below 78%.
- Leia, a contact center supervisor, recently coached her agent Luke about putting customers on hold for long periods. To monitor the effect of her coaching, she creates a WFI rule that causes the system to email her automatically if Luke's average hold time per contact exceeds two minutes for a period of three days.
Events that trigger WFI actions are called data points. Available data points include:
- ACD Historical — Includes events and metrics that occur over a period of time, such as working rate or average contacts handled. Rules in this category can help with longer-term monitoring and planning.
- ACD Intraday — Includes events and metrics that are more real-time in nature, such as queue size for a skill or service level for the current day. Rules in this category can help you more quickly and effectively respond to dynamic changes in call volumes.
WFI rule actions can occur automatically following the event, or they can appear in the Pending Rule Actions table until someone with the proper permissions manually approves or rejects them. Approval of pending rules executes the actions, and rejection cancels the actions.
You can use the Workforce Intelligence Notification Settings to set up email alerts for when automatic actions occur or when non-automatic actions are pending approval, or when someone modifies the notification settings.
- Create/Edit an ACD Intraday Workforce Intelligence Rule
- Create/Edit an ACD Historical Workforce Intelligence Rule
- Copy a Workforce Intelligence Rule
- Activate/Deactivate a Workforce Intelligence Rule
- Accept/Deny a Pending Rule Action
- Edit Notification Settings
- Create/Edit Data Points
- Create/Edit a Service Level ACD Intraday Rule