Cloud Storage Services allows you to keep files in cloud storage provided by NICE CXone. You can store call recordings and files related to chat
- Active storage—Files are stored in active storage as soon as they're created. Active storage provides immediate access to files.
- Long-term storage—Allows you to archive files. Files are moved to long-term storage based on the Life Cycle Management rules. To access files in the long-term storage archive you must submit a long-term file retrieval job, which temporarily moves them back into active storage.
- Secure External Access (SEA)—Allows you to copy or move files securely from active storage into an external storage location NICE CXone creates for you.
All files in Cloud Storage Services are encrypted using a Key Management Service (KMS), and a separate key is generated specifically for your CXone business unit High-level organizational grouping used to manage technical support, billing, and global settings for your CXone environment. Files are encrypted the entire time they're managed by CXone Cloud Storage. This includes when they move between active storage, long-term storage, custom storage, and into SEA.
Cloud Storage Services supports these custom options:
- Custom storage—Use your own Amazon Web Services S3 bucket instead of the default CXone Cloud Storage location.
- Custom key management—You can use your own KMS with CXone Cloud Storage Services.
Cloud Storage Services can store these types of files:
- Voice and Screen—
ACD call recordings require the advanced storage license to use Cloud Storage Services. Without this license, these recordings are stored on the CXone file server.
- Chat—Transcripts and attachments. Cloud Storage is the only storage option for chat.
- Email—Transcripts and attachments. Cloud Storage is the only storage option for email.
- Other—Interaction Analytics reports.
Files remain in active storage until they're deleted, archived in long-term storage, or moved to Secure External Access. Your life cycle management rules determine how, where, and when files move from active storage.
Files in long-term storage cannot be played or accessed directly from interactions. To access these files, you need to retrieve them from the archive. Retrieved files temporarily move back into active storage.
File retrieval is a billable service. Cloud Storage Services provides filtering options so you can retrieve only the files you need. You can filter based on criteria such as date range, file type, DNIS Identifies the number the contact dialed to reach you for inbound voice calls and the number the agent or system dialed on outbound voice calls./ANI Also known as caller ID. Listed phone number of an incoming voice call., and skills Used to automate delivery of interactions based on agent skills, abilities, and knowledge. You can also filter based on agent name or team.
Retrieved files accrue applicable charges while in active storage. In your retrieval request you must specify the date when the retrieved files return to long-term storage.
Key Facts About Cloud Storage Services
Files created before Cloud Storage Services was introduced to CXone remain on the file server.
For chat transcripts, this was in the Fall 2021 release. For emails, this was in the Summer 2021 release.
- Move files from active storage to a storage location outside of CXone with Secure External Access. Files are encrypted during the move and while in the temporary SEA storage location. After 30 days, files are deleted from SEA. You can also manually delete the files from SEA earlier, if you're done with them.
- Use Life Cycle Management rules to manage the storage of different files based on file type. The rules also allow you to specify how files are managed in Cloud Storage, including time to live (TTL) The period of time these interactions are retained and the timing of their deletion. You define the TTL settings for your interactions..
You can review changes to the Life Cycle Management and Credential Management pages using the Audit History tab.