Omnichannel Session Handling
Omnichannel Session Handling (OSH) lets agents handle multiple contact sessions from different channels A way for contacts and agents to interact, such as voice, email, chat, social media, and so on. at the same time. They don't need to manually switch between channels. It also lets agents elevate In an Omnichannel Session Handling environment, the ability to switch a contact from one channel to another in the same session to better serve the contact's needs. For example, elevating a chat contact to a voice call. interactions to a different channel for better handling. CXone logs the elevated interaction in the same session as the original interaction.
Switching from single-channel handling to OSH changes the experience for your agents. You need to train your agents on:
- Handling the extra cognitive load.
- The differences in the agent application interface. This includes manually accepting incoming contacts, if you enable that feature.
Key Facts About Omnichannel Session Handling
- OSH is available for CXone Agent, CXone Agent Integrated, MAX and Fully Integrated Lightning Agent for Salesforce v14.0 and above. OSH is available for limited use with Agent for Oracle Service Cloud. Agent for Oracle Service Cloud only supports voice and work item Customizable method of delivering contacts to an agent via Studio scripts. interactions.
- OSH doesn't support Advanced Chat v1. OSH does support Advanced Chat v2 in MAX for chat only. It does not support co-browse.
- You can choose a Delivery Mode of either Omnichannel or Single Contact for individual teams or users. You can also specify how many interactions the team or user can handle at the same time per channel.
User settings override team settings.
- When you enable OSH, some settings you set in a single-channel handling environment no longer apply. This includes the email ACD skill Used to automate delivery of interactions based on agent skills, abilities, and knowledge Interruptible setting , the Email Parking ACD skill setting, and the team and user Auto-Park Emails settings.
OSH offers two options for contact delivery:
- Automatic delivery—The agent receives one voice contact plus as many digital chat, email, or work item contacts as you allow. The delivery pace is about 15 seconds. This option doesn't have load balancing. If the agent rejects a contact, they continue to receive requests until the queue is empty or they meet the configured interaction threshold.
- Agent request delivery—The agent receives one voice contact plus one chat, email, or work item contact. They can click a +1 Contact button to take on another chat, email, or work item contact. They cannot choose which contact type will be delivered. It's based on the ACD skill Used to automate delivery of interactions based on agent skills, abilities, and knowledge priority Skill-based designation of the importance of contacts that determines delivery order. and acceleration settings. The agent can continue to add interactions until they meet the configured interaction threshold.
All agents can elevate contacts to a different channel. It doesn't matter if they're configured for OSH or single-channel handling.
The agent Refused state has different rules for OSH. When an Available agent refuses a contact of any type, they enter a Refused state. When a Working agent refuses a digital interaction or allows it to time out, they don't enter a Refused state. If you use automatic delivery, the agent receives requests until they have the maximum number of interactions, they become Unavailable, or the queue is empty. If an agent is connected to the agent leg The period of time during which the CXone ACD stays connected to an agent. Controlled by the Phone # Timeout setting in Business Units > Details., they cannot refuse a contact.
For reporting purposes, OSH tracks the agent focus time for each interaction. While an agent can see multiple digital interactions at once, only one of them can receive focus time. CXone determines the interaction in focus from:
Where the agent's cursor is.
Which part of the agent application interface is active.
OSH is reported in the following metrics:
- Concurrent Time
- Agent Time
- Productivity Rate
- Parent ContactID