Do not call (DNC) lists are lists of contacts who requested that you not contact them again. This is a more permanent contact restriction than call suppression, which is meant to be short-term. DNC lists are applied to DNC groups, which can consist of one, some, or all skills in your business unitFile format associated with Microsoft Excel; may also be expressed as .xlsx.
There are two separate methods and purposes for adding skills to a DNC group: to add a skill you want to scrubSkills listed under the Scrubbed tab of a DNC group honor the DNC list of that group. Before PC places a call for that skill, it checks that DNC group for conflicts and does not dial records that are on that list. against the DNC list or to add a skill that you want to contributeSkills listed under the Contributing tab of a DNC group help to generate the DNC list of that group. When the dialer places a call for that skill and the contact requests to be added to the DNC list, the record is added to that DNC group. Any skills in the Scrubbed tab of that DNC group cannot place calls to that record. to the DNC list. Adding a skill for one purpose does not automatically enable the skill for the other purpose, so you must add a skill to a DNC list twice if you want it to both contribute to and be constrained by the group's DNC list. When an agent sets a dispositionResult that the agent or system assigns to the contact when the interaction ends. that adds a DNC record to a specified skill, Personal Connection (PC) instead updates the list for the DNC group assigned to the skill, or uses the default for the
You can add numbers to the DNC list by any of the following methods:
- Manually upload an Excel or .csv file.
- Automatically using an Agent disposition.
- Automatically using Studio actions in a script.
- Automatically using the abandon message. When a contact presses 1 during the abandon message playback, PC adds their number to the DNC list for the default DNC group in your
business. If you do not want to allow this behavior, you can create a custom script for the abandon treatment instead of using the abandon message.
You are responsible for ensuring your lists are current and accurate. PC scrubs lists in real time, so you cannot call a number after it has been added to a DNC list.
CXone does not allow you to upload entire national or state do not call lists to your system due to the size of the files involved. Instead, it is recommended that you scrub against these lists prior to uploading your calling lists or check at dial time through call suppressionTemporarily skips a contact when using the outbound dialer. using a third party service such as Gryphon. Gryphon offers several advantages, including:
- Continual updates against the latest national DNC list.
- Consideration of state and federal limitations on calling including appropriate hours of operation.
- Inndemnification against infringement losses.
All DNC lists previously applied to individual skills automatically migrate to the DNC group concept with each skill that had its own do not call list in a group on its own. You can modify these groups to include more skills.
When you add a phone number to a DNC list, PC strips it of its formatting and stores the number in a universal format so that numbers can pass between calling lists and do not call lists without conflict.
Each do not call group has an audit history tab that displays a table of information about the creation and last modification of the do not call group. You can see what was modified, when it was modified, and who did the modification. Audit history tables can become very large, so you can use search and filter tools to limit the display.
- Activate/Deactivate a Do Not Call Group
- Add Skills to a Do Not Call Group
- Create a Do Not Call Group
- Create a Do Not Call List Manually
- Download a Do Not Call List
- Remove Skills from a Do Not Call Group
- Set the Default Contributing Do Not Call Group
- Update a Do Not Call List
- Upload a Do Not Call List