Required security profile permissions: Points of Contact Create
You can upload multiple points of contact (POCs) at the same time either to create new, or to modify existing, POCs. You can also download a file of the existing POCs to simplify modification or for other purposes.
This topic explains the buttons, fields, and configuration options for downloading or uploading multiple POCs using the Manage Multiple Points of Contact page (wizard).
- Download Template
- Allows you to download a blank spreadsheet template in .csvComma-Separated Values file; used to store tabular data such as a spreadsheet or database. format that includes a column for each field in a point of contact.
- Download Existing Records
- Allows you to download a spreadsheet in .csv format that contains information for all points of contact in your business unitFile format associated with Microsoft Excel; may also be expressed as .xlsx. This enables you to easily modify settings for existing POCs.
- Upload File
- Allows you to upload a file you created or modified using the template. The system processes the file to add new or change existing POCs.
- Allows you to close the Manage Multiple Points of Contact page and return to the POC list.
- Select File
- Enables you to locate a file on your hard drive containing points of contact you want to upload. This file must follow the approved template format.
- File Type
- Allows you to specify the type of file. The field accepts the values of Text (.csvComma-Separated Values file; used to store tabular data such as a spreadsheet or database.) or Excel (.xlsx).
- Rows to Include
- Allows you to specify whether the system should process Changed Rows Only or All Rows. If you choose Changed Rows Only, you must mark Y in the Rows Changed column of the spreadsheet for all rows you modify.
The following fields are included in the templates available when you click Download Template or Download Existing Points of Contact. Only files that use the template structure can be used to upload POCs successfully.
- Row Changed
- Used when you are editing existing points of contact to indicate whether the POC in a row contains changes. If you do not specify the changed rows, the system assumes all rows have been changed and processing time increases. The field accepts the values of Y (yes) or N (no). Leaving the field blank has the same effect as entering N.
- Point of Contact ID
- Displays the system-generated ID for an existing point of contact. Do not modify this value. If the row represents a new point of contact, leave the field blank.
- Media Type ID
- Displays the system ID for the media type for an existing POC or allows you to enter a media type ID for a new POC. This field accepts only the following numeric values: 1 (email), 3 (chat), 4 (inbound phone call), or 6 (work item). Changing this value for an existing POC may have unintended consequences and is not recommended.
- Displays the user-defined name for an existing POC or allows you to enter a name (100 characters maximum) for a new POC.
- Point of Contact
- Displays the current point of contact information for an existing POC or allows you to enter a value for a new POC. Changing this value for an existing POC may have unintended consequences and is not recommended. For new POCs, the following criteria apply:
- Chat and work item POCs are assigned by the system; leave this field blank
- For email POCs, enter the leading value of the email address and the system will append the trailing portion automatically. For example, if the email address should be firstname.lastname@example.org, enter only mynewemail in this field.
- For inbound phone POCs, enter the phone number. These phone numbers are set up by Professional Services and must have been configured before you upload the new POC information on this template.
- Displays Active or Inactive for current POCs. If you are adding a new POC, leave this field blank.
- Skill ID
- Displays the ID of the skill associated with an existing POC, or allows you to enter a skill ID for a new POC. This field accepts numeric values and you must enter the skill ID, not the skill name. Skill IDs can be found in the Skills table.
- Displays the name of the script associated with an existing POC, or allows you to enter a script name for a new POC. This script should already exist in the system.
- IVR Reporting Enabled
- Displays True or False for existing POCs. For a new POC, enter True if you want an IVR report to be generated by the POC, or False if you do not want an IVR report.
Allows you to enter additional information about the POC. The field accepts a maximum of 2,000 characters.
- Path to Logo
- Applies to POCs for the chat channel only; disregard for all other channels. Allows you to specify the URL for the logo used in the chat profile associated with this POC. You must have already uploaded the logo image to a web server or to files and folders for your business unitFile format associated with Microsoft Excel; may also be expressed as .xlsx .
- Forward To Number
- This field is no longer used and should be disregarded.
- Chat Profile ID
- Applies to POCs for the chat channel only; disregard for all other channels. Allows you to specify the chat profile associated with this POC. This field accepts numeric values and you must enter the chat profile ID, not the name. Chat profile IDs can be found on the chat profile Details page.