MAX is a contact-handling web application that enables you to interact with contacts using phone calls, voicemail, email, chat, work items. MAX also supports the simultaneous use of multiple channels.
As you handle an interaction, MAX offers several tools to enhance your experience. You can transfer interactions to other agents or skills, conference with the contact and another agent, place the contact on hold, disposition and tag the interaction to categorize it, and create reminders to reach the contact again at a later time. You can use the address book to quickly place calls, generally within your own organization.
The channels and features available in your instance of MAX depend on how your administrator has configured it. Some of the features in this guide may not be available for you.
The MAX Interface
- 1—Agent State
Your current state. Available means you are ready to take on new work; Unavailable, or any custom variation of the unavailable state configured by your administrator, means you are busy or away and unable to take on new work; Working means you are actively handling contacts. Depending on your organization's setup, you may or may not be able to take on more interactions when you are in the Working state.
Click the agent state bar to change your state or to log out. You can change your agent state while you are handling an interaction. Once you complete the interaction, MAX changes your agent state to the one you selected.
- 2—Agent Leg
- Your connection to the contact center platform. You must be connected to the agent leg to handle voice contacts.
- 3—Current interactions
- A list of the current interactions assigned to you. Depending on how your administrator configured MAX, you could have multiple chats, emails, voicemails, work items, or a combination of these interaction types. You may only handle one phone call at a time.
- 4—Personal Queue
- Interactions that you are not actively handling that are assigned to you. These interactions have usually been transferred to you specifically by another agent.
- 5—Coming Up
- A list of upcoming call commitments in your schedule.
- 6—Call History
- Information about your most recent calls.
The number of contacts in the queue that could potentially be routed to you. When you click a queue, an Active Queues window opens and displays all contacts waiting in queue, including those assigned to you. The detailed Active Queue count may vary slightly from the summary queue count because personal queued items are not usually routable.
The queue area includes each of the following queue types:
- — The inbound calls waiting in the queues of all the inbound phone skills assigned to you.
- — The outbound calls waiting in the queues of all the outbound phone skills assigned to you.
- — The chat interactions waiting in the queues of all the chat skills assigned to you.
- — The email messages waiting in the queues of all inbound email skills assigned to you.
- — The voicemail messages waiting in the queues of all voicemail skills assigned to you.
- — The work items waiting in the queues of all work item skills assigned to you.
- 8—Agent Reports
- Opens reports about your recent work in MAX, including your performance, productivity, and a list of all skills assigned to you. See MAX Agent Reports Overview for more information.
- Allows you to place calls by opening a new window that contains your address book, your recent call history, and a text field to manually type a phone number.
- Displays your current commitments and allows you to edit those or to create new commitments.
If integrated with a supported WFM solution, events from that schedule also appear. The schedule is updated every 60 seconds and also updates the Coming Up list. To edit your schedule, click Manage WFM Schedule to launch the WFM solution and make changes. This option is only available in Internet Explorer.
- Displays all messages from your supervisor or administrator.
- If configured by your administrator, contains custom links to websites you may need to help you as you work.
- Opens a pop-over menu that contains troubleshooting information, a method for providing feedback about MAX to your administrator, custom personal settings, and a link to the online help. For more information, see More Tools Overview.
- Address Book Overview
- MAX Agent Reports Overview
- Chat Overview
- Commitment Overview
- Email Overview
- Omnichannel Session Handling Overview
- Phone Overview
- NICE inContact Social Media Overview
- Voicemail Overview
- Work Item Overview
- More Tools Overview