Softphone is a downloadable application that establishes a VoIP path to and from the NICE inContact platform, and replaces the need for a physical telephone to make and receive calls. To access the functionality of the softphone within the Agent interface, download and install the softphone application.
Log in to Central.
Click Admin Support Software Updates.
Read the licensing agreement and Click Accept.
- In the Software and Updates list, click .inContact_Softphone_v4.2.exe for Windows PC or inContact_Mac_Softphone.dmg for iOS.
- If prompted, save or run the file; otherwise, the download runs automatically.
- Click Yes to allow the Softphone Installer Setup program to make changes to your computer.
- Using the drop-down, select the language to use during the installation. English is the default language. Click OK.
- Follow the steps in the Softphone Setup Wizard to complete the installation.