inContact Agent for Salesforce (Salesforce Agent) is an agent interface that contains many of the same features and functionality found in Thin Agent and Power Agent. The power of Salesforce Agent is that it integrates directly into Salesforce so you do not have to jump between Thin Agent and Salesforce. Instead, you can use Salesforce Agent from within Salesforce.
The Salesforce Agent enables the following features:
- Ability to perform default and custom screen pops on any Salesforce object and any inContact contact channelA medium, such as voice, email, and chat, through which a contact connects with an intended recipient..
- Default Query / Screen pop – Salesforce Agent takes the ANI (automatic number identification)Listed phone number of an incoming call, or caller ID. of the caller, passes it into Salesforce, and Salesforce performs a query for the ANI and pops an object based on the settings set forth in the Softphone Layout in Salesforce.
- Custom Query / Screen pop - Salesforce queries are driven by caller IVRA phone menu that allows callers to interact through voice commands and key inputs to route the call appropriately. input, script calculations, external database queries, and Salesforce queries from within the IVR script. This includes Visualforce pages and the ability to pass inContact information as a variable to the Visualforce page.
- Automatic creation of Task and Activity records in Salesforce that can include any of inContact’s information about the call.
- Click-to-dial from within Salesforce.
- Support for both the classic view and the new Service and Sales Cloud Console view within Salesforce.
Hover over the image below to learn about different parts of the Salesforce Agent interface.
Clicking this icon initiates an outbound call using the keypad. Your availability status does not need to be set to Available to make an outbound call.
You can click the numbers or use your keyboard keypad to enter a number to dial.
Clicking this icon displays a list of agents and their availability stateThe availability status of an agent.. You can filter the list or search for a specific agent.
Clicking an agent in the list initiates an outbound call to that agent.
Clicking this icon displays a list of skills for your business unitAn organization's access to segmented portions of the inContact platform., the number of contacts in queue for the skill, and the longest wait time in each. You can filter the list or search for a specific skill.
Clicking a skill in the list initiates handling a contact in that skill.
Clicking this icon displays you address books. All address books assigned to your user account in
Clicking a contact in an address book displays that contact's details. You can click the mobile, email, or phone icon in the details to initiate a connection to that contact, based on the icon you click.
Clicking this icon displays your contact history. You can filter the list or search for a specific contact.
You can click a contact to display a skill selection list, and then select a skill to initiate an outbound call to the phone number in the contact history.
Clicking this icon displays basic information about you (the agent), including your currently installed version of Salesforce and a list of skills assigned to your user account.
Clicking this icon initiates the email feature. Your availability status does not need to be set to Available to create an email.
You must click the popout icon to access the email interface.
Clicking this icon displays a list of pending commitments and the option to create a new commitment.
Select Me to view your commitments, or Skill to view commitments assigned to a skill queue.
Clicking this icon displays the Agent Reports dashboards, which allow you to view your performance and productivity.
Clicking this icon displays a list of your parked email contacts. This button will be grayed out if you don't have any parked emails.
Clicking this icon redirects you to the inContact Online Help site, where you can find helpful tips and step-by-step instructions for using
The Agent LegAn active piece of a call that connects between routers, gateways, or telephony devices. icon shows your connectivity status. There are three status types:
|Disconnected — The inContact platform is not connected to the agent’s station phone.|
|Dialing — The
|Connected — The
The Agent Leg Status is not the same as the Availability Status.
- Installation Overview
- Log in to Salesforce Agent
- Customization Overview
- User Interface Overview
- Log in to Salesforce Agent in Lightning
- Phone Overview
- Email Overview
- Chat Overview
- Commitment Manager Overview
- Handle a Voicemail
- Salesforce Agent Reports Overview
- inContact Agent for Salesforce Tags Overview