Point of contact (POC) is the NICE inContact term that describes how an incoming contact interaction enters the system. The point of contact works side-by-side with both skillsClassification assigned to agents based on abilities, specialties, and knowledge and used to facilitate the delivery of contacts. and Studio scripts to route contacts in the way you want them to be handled. Multiple points of contact can be assigned to the same skill or script. However, only one skill and one script can be assigned to each point of contact.
For example, a contact may call one of several toll-free numbers to reach your organization. Each of those numbers is a different path to enter the system. You can create different points of contact for each number and then associate each with a routing script and a skill to control the agents who receive the interaction.
Points of contact can be created for the following channels:
- Chat — POCs for the chat channel are automatically assigned an identifier by the system. You can associate a chat profile with a POC to control the look and feel of chats that come in through that POC. If needed, you can create multiple chat POCs, each with its own look and feel.
- Email — POCs for the email channel are associated with any email address at which you want to receive emails and have them routed to agents.
- Inbound Phone — POCs for the inbound phone channel are associated with any phone number at which you want to receive calls and have them routed to agents. Each phone number (also known as a DNIS) must be configured in your system by Professional Services before you can set up a POC for it.
- Work Items — POCs for the work items channel are automatically assigned an identifier by the system. If needed, you can create different POCs for work items that are routed through your system from different sources.
- Create a Point of Contact for Chat
- Create a Point of Contact for Email
- Create a Point of Contact for Inbound Phone
- Create a Point of Contact for a Work Item
- Assign a Point of Contact to a Skill
- Edit a Single Point of Contact
- Create/Edit Multiple Points of Contact
- Activate/Deactivate a Point of Contact